Are you in the process of moving? It is important that you take as many tips and advice as you can to ensure that your move goes as smoothly as possible. Here are five moving tips you have probably never heard of, but really will help you to make your move go as smoothly as possible:
- Using Socks for Protection: Instead of packing your socks on their own, use them to protect glassware. When you go to pack your wine glasses and other drinking glasses, cover them with your socks to protect the glass from banging up against one another. This is a great way to make use of your own things that you are going to be packing anyway. Be sure to use a layer of bubble wrap to sit between glasses that are stacked up on top of each other just in case.
- Use Your Travel Bags Wisely: If you have travel bags that can be wheeled, use them to carry heavy things, such as books. This allows you to put all of your books and other heavy items in one place instead of having to scatter them around to be sure that they do not break through the packing boxes you have.
- Bag Your Clothes: Instead of packing your clothing in boxes, wrap as much hanging clothing as you can in a garbage bag by using the open end to go up to the top of the hangers and then using the tie to tie together the hangers. Then you can simply take that garbage bag and stack the clothing on top of each other without having to worry about packing hangers and clothing separately from one another.
- Unpack the TV Last: Resist the urge to unpack the TV as soon as you to get to your new home. Putting the couch in the living room can look empty without the TV there. However, once the TV is put into place, it can tempt you into getting caught up on shows that are going to distract you from getting all the unpacking done. You will definitely feel more relaxed once everything is unpacked and you can sit down to watch TV.
- Use Styrofoam Plates: One of the most painstaking parts of moving is packing the dishes. This is because many people will wrap each plate in thick packing paper and then stack them in the boxes. A way to skip this is to use styrofoam plates. You can put two or three styrofoam plates in between each regular plate that you pack and they are sure to be well protected without you having to wrap them.
By utilizing some of these tips, you can cut down heavily on the amount of time that it takes you to move from one place to another. To get started, check out a company like Route 37 Self-Storage for packing and moving supplies.Share